Head of Business Development, Avacare
- Set vision for Avacare business development team that aligns with overall company objectives and revenue targets
- Develop and lead overall business development strategy by maximizing current key partnership opportunities as well as expanding Avacare’s current client and therapeutic base
- Assist individual sales team members with plan to get maximum value out of current and future book of business
- Identify and procure new client relationships that fit the Avacare site network therapeutic capabilities
- Target appropriate industry conferences to attend and work with marketing team to create supporting conference materials
- Lead all major Sponsor/CRO study deals from identification to initial proposal through contracting
- Follow industry trends to position Avacare network for appropriate study targets
- Provide strategic recommendations for deeper engagement plans within ongoing partnerships as well as new markets
- Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable legislation. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters, including salary administration.
- Establish and manage an effective sales program to maximize organization growth.
- Provide direction and serve as a resource for sales staff members, including performance management, career progression, and professional development.
- Utilize established industry network to assist junior sales staff in relationship development and to identify potential business opportunities.
- Continuously monitor status of Customer Account Plans and business targets to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
- • Collaborate with Senior Management and functional managers as needed to identify operations team members for proposal defense meetings.
- Actively participates in proposal preparation meetings and/or proposal defense meetings as needed.
- Represent respective Sales Team to Senior Management on key business updates related to sales activities.
- Research and identify target markets, build relationships, perform in-depth presentations, strategic analysis, and execution of implemented plans for IQVIA service Lines.
- Ensure that the sales team members are sufficiently trained to meet their job objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management required
- 15 years relevant industry experience (CRO/Pharmaceutical), and/or sales experience, including 10 years of management responsibility required or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Proven track record at developing mid-level and high-level contacts
- Strategic business and Industry awareness and the ability to translate emerging Industry trends relevant to the organization
- Solid understanding of commercialization and the principles of drug discovery and development
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence others both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Experience and ability to progressively coach and mentor employees
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network