Director Biostatistics, Real World Evidence
The Real World Biostatistics & Programming team delivers analytics for Global Observational and Low Interventional Clinical Trials (LICTs), predominantly in primary data collection but also including innovative approaches such as External Comparators, Enriched studies, and Pragmatic Trials. The team is responsible for shaping analysis in study design from protocol concepts to full protocols and delivering results as well as providing scientific consulting. The team drives analytical thought leadership activities through publications, conference presentations, methods development, training (including for clients), and webinars.
The Director role is pivotal within this fast-growing, highly successful team that operates from multiple locations across the globe. The demand for Real World Biostatistics’ scientific capabilities is growing and the team is committed to providing excellence in its core services.
Role & Responsibilities
You will join a thriving business with existing client accounts with scope for expansion, and the support of a broad array of IQVIA colleagues. Key responsibilities are:
- Collaborate with partner clients to achieve their goals and objectives
- Oversee delivery teams who are executing projects
- Provide direction, strategic advice, and intellectual leadership to clients and delivery teams
- Lead RW Biostatistics initiatives contributing to the broader Real World Evidence organization
- Support sales efforts, including uncovering opportunities, and responding to proposals
- Support the development of the RW Biostatistics team and global community within IQVIA
Candidates interested in joining our team as a Director will need:
- Master's Degree Biostatistics or related field and 11 years relevant experience including 5 years’ experience managing staff; or
- Ph.D. Biostatistics or related field and 7 years relevant experience including 4 years’ experience managing staff
- Broad management knowledge to lead teams, and well as the ability to influence others outside of own job area
- Familiarity with most complex statistical methods that apply to Phase IV/Observational trials
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success of operation within senior/executive management teams
- Working knowledge of relevant Data Standards (such as Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC)/ADaM)
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Willingness and ability to travel
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network