Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health.
Develops and maintains programs to meet internal and external client needs, assists in the development of project-related solutions to the full scope of scientific and/or bioinformatics programming tasks.
Evaluates the computational efficiency of large scale scientific computing systems in need of improvement or replacement; manages infrastructure to support large-scale scientific computing projects such as genomic sequencing; develops programming documentation including plans and specifications, and performs and planns the development, implementation and validation or new product technologies and applications.
• Evaluate computational efficiency of large-scale scientific computing systems, such as those needed for genomic sequencing, identifying scientific system software components in need of improvement or replacement.
• Comfortable with different common file types and solid understanding of linux command line processing and scripting languages
• Collaborates in requirements definitions for GCP software projects, collaborates on analytical validation and procedure documentation
• Assist Sr. Bioinformaticist or Product Owner in development of tools and systems needed to support clinical testing or determination of assay or algorithm feasibility
• Regularly contributes to technical discussions and decision making and presents data as part of process.
• Understands risks to project and communicates those to superiors when they are aware. Capable of doing some lightweight testing of code and procedures to ensure quality.
• Develop programming documentation including research development plans and specifications, as appropriate.
• Provide bioinformatics technical expertise in conjunction with internal and external clients, and independently bring project solutions to teams and department.
• Able to summarize, analyze and convey complex information clearly. Contributes to publications (posters, patents, journals), as applicable to unit of work.
Minimum Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, molecular biology, genetics or related field Req Or
• Master's Degree in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, molecular biology, genetics or related field Req Or
• Ph.D. or educational equivalent in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, molecular biology, genetics or related field Req
• 5 years relevant experience. 3 year relevant experience. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Knowledge in Linux/UNIX-based systems.
• Uses acquired knowledge and experience to expand beyond established troubleshooting procedures.
• Organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects, providing updates and forecasting status.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
• Responsible for drafting and contributing to statement of work plans, may consult with clients, independently execute standard processes. Execute on analytical validation analysis and basic write ups, with supervision.
• Understanding of standard utilities such as Bash, SED, or AWK. Knowledge of either Perl or Python a plus.
• General knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing data and output formats.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network