Associate Director, Project Programming, Homebased - IQVIA Biotech
IQVIA Biotech is seeking anAssociate Director, Project Programming (SAS Data Programming), homebased:
Provide management and leadership for the SAS Data Project Programming group within IQVIA Biotech. Help to assure growth of revenue and profitability through the design and implementation of cost effective, high quality research services for IQVIA Biotech clients. Maintain overall responsibility for the quality and completion of all projects within the programming group.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all departmental SAS Data Programming activities.
- Define departmental standards in reference to corporate processes, procedures, and guidelines related to SAS Data Programming.
- Ensure adequate staffing of all project teams and coordinate requests for support from other IQVIA Biotech departments and/or external vendors. This includes responsibility for the hiring, promotion, transfer and/or release of staff and management.
- Manage the growth, quality and profitability of the Project Programming group. This includes development of and adherence to departmental budgets.
- Make presentations to clients and other interested individuals related to Project Programming.
- Identify areas for SAS Data Programming to contribute to corporate activities and goals and assist with implementation of any necessary training programs.
- Act as a mentor for departmental staff and ensure adequate training for team members on specific departmental processes as needed; also, ensure training is documented appropriately.
- Write and distribute performance reviews for direct reports; review and approve performance reviews for other subordinate staff.
- Ensure that SAS Data Programming interfaces effectively with other IQVIA Biotech departments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Programming aspects of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and/or clinical research service industries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical research processes and methodologies, including an understanding of current GCP/ICH guidelines applicable to the conduct of clinical research.
- Demonstrated ability to select, lead and motivate technical staff
- A high-level of self-direction and judgment related to the execution of duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external parties and maintain positive and open relations.
- Ability to conduct training sessions with existing training modules, and update or create new training modules as needed
- Ability to plan long-range needs, while assuming responsibility for daily details, with a high degree of accuracy
- Detailed technical knowledge of SAS and/or relevant EDC systems
- Proficiency in IQVIA Biotech SOPs and WPs related to Clinical Reporting and general IQVIA Biotech corporate processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Proficiency with multiple data management processing systems (preferred systems are InForm and Rave)
CRITICAL JOB FUNCTIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA CRITERIA:
- Very little physical effort required to perform normal job duties
- Travel as required for inter-office visits, bid defenses, client meetings, or other meetings as requested.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- BS/BA degree with a minimum of 10 years of industry related experience and a minimum of 6 years of supervisor experience is required; or a Master’s degree with 8 years of industry related experience with a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of degree and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required.
This position is classified as exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act; employees are not eligible for overtime compensation.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network