Manager, Strategy Consulting, PCS
IQVIA provides scientific services spanning clinical trials, real world evidence, and consulting in all areas of the product lifecycle. The Patient Centered Solutions (PCS) team leads the industry in breadth and depth of Clinical Outcomes Assessment (COA) and Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) knowledge. Our diverse team of experts works together to develop, deploy, and validate psychometric instruments that capture the patient experience with their treatment or disease, analyze and interpret outcomes, and translate the information to advance the initiatives of life science companies.
Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding and progressive career in life sciences consulting. You’ll have the opportunity to address challenging client issues, across multiple geographies with a hands-on influence in delivering solutions. We operate in a truly multi-cultural, collegial, and collaborative work environment that is rich in development and growth.
Role & Responsibilities
Managers will be responsible for managing or leading multiple consulting projects and ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery for clients in the pharmaceutical or related industries. Individual will be responsible for contributing to and managing teams of consultants and scientists in the design, development, and delivery of complex projects. Managers are responsible for undertaking the following client focused activities:
- Manage and contribute to the execution of PCS projects, in the design, development and delivery of client deliverables and presentations; from project kick off until close
- Provide oversight tracking and monitoring of projects
- Plan, organize and manage resources (internal and external) to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives
- Leverage business experience and acumen in identifying strategic alternatives and project approach to client questions and to elevate our capabilities to deliver world-class solutions for clients
- Develop client relationships through face-to-face discussions or workshops, telephone, or email contact
- Provide follow-up with client after project deliverable has been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities for expansion of PCS service offerings, internal and external to IQVIA
- Ensure clear communication throughout projects and within the team
- Support the development of intellectual property for use on future engagements
- Develop broader and deeper knowledge of consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through on the job experience and training
- Provide direction, advice and intellectual leadership to clients and delivery teams. Direct consulting teams through consistent participation in team meetings
- Support development of proposals
In addition to the client-focused activities, a Manager is expected to contribute to the continued growth of the practice including:
- Lead ad hoc work streams on critical people-related issues such as recruitment, learning and development
- Develop templates and training materials to streamline and optimize new project start-up and team-member onboarding
- Develop formal Project Management processes for COA Consulting services; train and mentor consultant and scientists in these Project Management processes
- Serve as a coach to 3-4 staff
Essential experience, skills and education required
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative, and problem-solving skills and the ability to learn quickly, adapt and apply new knowledge
- At least 5+ years’ experience in consulting within the pharmaceutical, healthcare and/or related industry with evidence of career progression and knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; advanced degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 1+ years’ multinational strategic consulting project management experience
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing
- Strong capability in managing large and/or multiple projects and juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high-quality outcomes
- Experience working in sizable/multi-disciplined teams and leading/developing staff
- Experience in developing credible relationships with senior level managers and executives in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with individuals at all levels within the organization and build remote relationships
- Ability to contribute to business development through the identification of leads, proposal development etc.
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral); additional languages an advantage
- A willingness and ability to travel
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network