Architecture & DevOps Associate Director
Associate Director, Architecture and DevOps
Flexible location across Europe
Within the Architecture and Standards team, you will integrate the DevOps team and work on a strong AWS cloud context, following the Standard operating procedures (SOPs) with DevOps Agile Squads.
You will report to our Architecture & DevOps Director, and play a role of a highly technical leader, interface and support within DevOps team.
You will be working with a unique and gifted team designing, deploying and sometimes developing end-to-end new, exciting products and services built on cutting-edge technologies.
We need you as an Architecture Associate Director to face challenging tasks of balancing cost for cloud oriented technical invention and performance requirements.
You will be managing a team in charge of the following topics:
- Define technical architecture standards and communicate across Technology solutions teams, in close collaboration with the DevOps Director
- Design the optimum quality technical architecture based on application architecture provided by product pillars
- Getting approval from Technical Design Architecture board
- Infrastructure, software and monitoring deployment automation
- Automation documentation
- Handover to the ProdOps team in charge of the run in 24/7
- Define/build training Programs/presentation to improve DevOps team skills to be up-to-date on technological topics
What we are looking for:
You would ideally have experience and knowledge in a wide spectrum of technologies On-Premises and on Cloud (AWS preferably) contexts with good architecture role experiences.
- Experience on Designing and documenting architectures:
- Highly Available, designed for full automation and massive scale
- Facilitating future change and expansion
- Implementing SecOps best practices
- Experience and design CI-CD’s systems automation for infrastructure & application level in a real-world production environment with good knowledge on their according tools: GitLab version control, Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Nexus Sonatype, BlackDuck
- Infrastructure as Code with Terraform
- Technological watching of any emerging technologies
- Deploying the according Pilots/POCs or provide requirements for DevOps team to deploy it
At least 2 years of experience managing teams
Fluent in English
- Strong practice of Linux/POSIX and Windows-based systems and administration in Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Strong Security Architecture skills on prem and in the cloud
- Strong knowledge of IP networking, subnetting, DNS, load balancing, VPN's (hybrid context) and firewalling
- Good knowledge of RDBMS (Oracle, Sql Server, MySQL) and NoSql (MongoDB), ElasticSearch
- Good knowledge on containerization like Kubernetes, Docker and Hadoop managed services (Cloudera) and the related Analytics/Big Data technologies
- Good knowledge on monitoring/log management (Nagios, Icinga2, Prometheus, Splunk, ELK)
- Provide L3 technical support to Ops teams and beyond
- Knowledge of Informatica on HA context
- Good knowledge of Infrastructure as Code with terraform
- Knowledge of version control source code repositories (Git, GitLab, GitHub)
- Knowledge testing & performance tools as Neoload, Selenium, JMeter
System: Linux, Windows Server 2008/2012...
Infrastructure: kubernetes, EKS (AWS kubenetes), Docker, Nginx, Mesos, VmWare
Data: Oracle 11.x/12c SE/EE, MS sql, Elasticsearch, Mongo
Networking: F5 (Big-IP), AWS ELBs, VPNs (Cisco, Juniper, AWS)
Monitoring & Log Management: Prometheus, Nagios, Splunk, ELK
Analytics: Apache SPARK, Cloudera (Hadoop), DCOS 1.8/1.9.x
ETL: Informatica PwC from 8.6.x to 10.1.x
Framework: ASP.net, Node.js
DevOps Tools: Jira, Confluence, GitLab/GitLab CI, Jenkins, Terraform
Automated testing Tools: (Neoload, Selenium, JMeter).
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network