HQ & International Key Account Manager
Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics, and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
HQ and International Key Account Manager
The primary focus of this position is to engage proactively and appropriately with a key stakeholder to support and facilitate IQVIA’s commercially focussed business activities covering professional services, information, and data offerings. A key member of the Global Account team, the post-holder will also need to work in a highly collaborative manner with the international Key Account Community; the Commercial Business Partner, Service Line leads, the Commercial Technology Sales teams and the US/Canada Client Partner
- Client engagement and understanding of client business
- Maintains and further establishes strong professional relationships across the client organization, with a particular focus on Nordic HQ; proactively but appropriately engages with client teams
- Responsible for developing and maintaining deep client knowledge; understanding of their business priorities, organizational culture, product portfolio and pipeline, spend/budget priorities
- Manages a systematic client-feedback approach, soliciting information from client teams about experience of working with IQVIA
- Go-to person to diffuse tensions and complaints emanating from IQVIA engagements for both IQVIA and Client Teams
- Operations management: leads on the operational management and oversight of IQVIA’s commercial portfolio activities for Nordic HQ and International markets, working in close partnership with the Global Client Services Partner
- Ownership of Commercial SRM and governance
- Functional-level reviews; bi-annual strategic business review
- Contribute to enterprise level governance
- Ownership of Internal and External reporting for governance meetings
- Oversight of IQVIA’s commercial performance and financial metrics; internal financial reporting; external reporting i.e., rebates, accounts receivable etc.
- Maintains knowledge of recent wins, pipeline, and strategic opportunities
- Active management of DSO, oversight of PO/invoicing processes both with IQVIA and the client team
- Contact person for client teams for RFIs and other adhoc requests (business or procurement)
- Facilitating IQVIA’s commercial success
- Develops and maintains highly collaborative working relationships with Service Line leads (Global Consulting, Analytical Services, Information Offerings, GMI, Real World Solutions), the Account CTO and EMEA Commercial Technology Sales
- Endeavors to increase the probability of commercial success of Sales and BD teams, leveraging their knowledge of client’s strategic priorities and current business performance to facilitate and tailor commercial portfolio offers
- Plays a leadership and shaping role in account planning for the commercial portfolio, in close collaboration with Service Line leads, the Client Business Partner and GAD
- Stays up to date on IQVIA’s commercial portfolio offerings and broader developments in IQVIA’s overall set of offerings (Connected Intelligence)
- Actively develops the relationships and connections across the international account community, sharing intelligence, client feedback, best practice and success stories
- In partnership with the Client Services Partner ensures IQVIA sales and BD teams have working understanding of MSAs, commercial terms and IQVIA’s vendor status
- Shaping client’s perception of IQVIA
- Identifies opportunities to engage with Client teams to bring relevant marketing and Thought Leadership materials
- Manages the annual Strategic Management Review conference
- Identifies, or creates opportunities to introduce relevant IQVIANs or teams who are working in areas of high interest for the client, as part of ‘peer to peer’ engagement (i.e. beyond IQVIA capability presentations, or specific pitches / RFPs)
- Bringing innovation to Client
- Builds on their knowledge of client priorities and in close partnership with the Commercial Business Partner and Global Account Director identifies strategic discussions and major opportunities for IQVIA
- Actively engages in the Sales and Account Management community, bringing in relevant ideas and success stories from other major accounts
Our Ideal Candidate
- In-depth knowledge of the client, the client organisation, its culture, and key stakeholders
- Excellent inter-personal skills, ability to establish business relationships in the absence of a ‘warm introduction’, experienced negotiator with good influencing skills
- A proven track record of proactivity and opportunity identification that has improved business performance
- Interest and expertise in the pharma business model, life-sciences commercial strategy and operations, hands-on experience within a pharmaco or from relevant consulting role
- Experience of success in working in a highly matrixed environment
- Excellent customer service skills, listens intently to customer needs and can create connections that shape new opportunities
- Confident in contractual and procurement matters
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Autonomous and confident in creating client-ready materials, using standard set of MS Office suite
- 15 years in the pharmaceutical, consulting, or related industry, experience to include Commercial and /or alternative operational functional (e.g. business development, data management, project management, strategy…)
- Degree in Life Science, Business Management, or related field
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
It's an exciting time to join and reimagine what's possible in healthcare.
Moving healthcare forward. Together.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network