Clinical Research Associate, Dermatology, East Coast - IQVIA Biotech
Help create a healthier world.
START RIGHT HERE AT IQVIA.
IQVIA Biotech provides flexible clinical solutions for biotech sponsors. We are recruiting for CRAs with at least 2 years of experience and knowledge in dermatology studies. If you enjoy working with smaller sponsors, this could be the right fit for you.
Participates in the preparation and execution of Phase I-IV clinical trials. Oversees the progress of clinical investigations by conducting site evaluation, initiation, and interim close out visits to sites. Monitors clinical trials in accordance with Good Clinical Practices and procedures set forth by IQVIA Biotech and sponsors. Works closely with the Clinical Trial Manager (CTM) and/or Lead CRA t0 ensure all monitoring activities are conducted according to study requirements. The Senior CRA may also serve in the Lead CRA role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the investigator recruitment process. Performs site evaluation visits of potential investigators. Evaluates the capability of the site to successfully manage and conduct the clinical study.
- Collaborates with the ISS department to coordinate activities with the site in preparation for the initiation of the study. Obtains regulatory documentation for successful implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of clinical trials. Works with ISS and site staff to obtain regulatory (IRB/IEC) approval of study specific documents
- Performs study initiation activities, reviewing with the site personnel the protocol, regulatory issues, study procedures, and provides training on completion of the eCRF; monitoring activities and study close-out activities.
- Trains site staff on the EDC system and verifies site computer system.
- Assists in resolving any issues to ensure compliance with site file audits in conjunction with ISS.
- Assures adherence to Good Clinical Practices, investigator integrity, and compliance with all study procedures through on-site monitoring visits. Performs validation of source documentation as required by sponsor. Prepares monitoring reports and letters per the timelines defined in IQVIA Biotech SOPs by using approved IQVIA Biotech/sponsor templates and reports.
- Documents accountability, stability and storage conditions of clinical trial materials as required by sponsor. Performs investigational product inventory. Ensures return of unused materials to designated location or verifies destruction as required.
- Reviews the quality and integrity of the clinical data through (1) in house review of electronic CRF data and (2) on-site source verification. Works with sites to resolve data queries.
- May review protocols, eCRFs, study manuals and other related documents, as requested by the Clinical Trial Manager and/or Lead CRA.
- Serves as primary contact between IQVIA Biotech and investigator; coordinates all correspondence; ensures timely transmission of clinical data with the study site and technical reporting, as requested.
- Performs study close-out visits per the study specific Clinical Monitoring Plan including final investigational product reconciliation and disposition, site study file reconciliation, data query resolution through to database lock and resolution of outstanding action items.
- Assists with, and attends, Investigator Meetings for assigned studies.
- Authorized to request site audits due to data integrity concerns.
- Attends study-related, company, departmental, and external meetings, as required.
- Ensures internal and study-related trainings are completed per IQVIA Biotech and/or study timelines; CTMS should always be current with the pertinent site updates/contacts.
- Ensures all study deliverables are completed per IQVIA Biotech and study timelines
- Conducts Field Evaluation Visits and field training of CRA Is, IIs and other Sr. CRAs.
- Serves as mentor for junior CRAs and those new to the company and/or study.
- Performs other duties, as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of clinical research process, including working knowledge of all functional areas of clinical trials and medical terminology.
- Four+ years of oncology experience and/or medical device.
- Experience in monitoring and/or coordinating clinical trials required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to express complex ideas to study personnel at research and clinical institutions.
- Demonstrated ability to form strong functional relationships.
- Excellent, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff to coordinate/execute study activities.
- Ability to handle several priorities within multiple, complex trials.
- Ability to reason independently and recommend specific solutions in clinical settings.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and work within a matrix team environment.
- Ability to mentor other CRAs and co-monitor, as required.
- Knowledge of electronic data capture including basic data processing functions.
- Knowledge of current GCP/ICH guidelines applicable to the conduct of clinical research.
- Able to qualify for a major credit card, rent an automobile
- For the Technical CTM role, the CRA must have a deep understanding of IQVIA Biotech systems with the ability to learn even more.
- Very limited physical effort required to perform normal job duties
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- BS/BA/BSc (or equivalent) in one of the life sciences or health care background (RPh, RN, etc)
- 2+ years monitoring experience; Should have 2+ years of dermatology experience (Atopic Derm, Psoriasis, etc). In addition, candidates need to have experience in and be willing to work in at least 2 of the following 5 therapeutic areas: GI, Ophthalmology, Cardiovascular/Renal, CNS/Neurology, Rare Disease
- Prior Clinical Research Organization (CRO) experience preferred.
- Prior project team leadership experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of budget management preferred.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally approximately 65%-85%.
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer skills including proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and use of a laptop computer
This position is classified as exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act; employees are not eligible for overtime compensation.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network