Pharmaceutical Account Manager (Direct Hire Vanda Pharmaceuticals) - Cincinnati, OH - 2792226
**This is a direct hire position with Vanda Pharmaceuticals**
Vanda Pharmaceuticals has partnered with IQVIA to support them in their recruiting efforts for this opportunity
We are looking for a top performing Pharmaceutical Account Manager who has demonstrated consistent sales performance and has the passion, hunger and drive to continue to excel in the pharmaceutical industry. This is your chance to join Vanda Pharmaceuticals to help make a better tomorrow for patients!
Vanda Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VNDA) is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapies to address high unmet medical needs and improve the lives of patients. They are looking for a Pharmaceutical Account Manager who wants to join their innovative and dynamic sales organization. IQVIA, on behalf of Vanda Pharmaceuticals is seeking top talent to make a difference in patient’s lives every day and be part of building a great company. The primary responsibility of the Pharmaceutical Account Manager is to exceed the established goals by delivering real value to customers through differentiated products and services. Vanda Pharmaceuticals provides that unique opportunity. This position offers a competitive compensation package. The Pharmaceutical Account Manager will be reporting into the Regional Sales Director.
- Responsible for promoting and facilitating the adoption and appropriate use of HETLIOZ™, the first treatment approved by the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder (Non-24)
- Frequent collaboration with the Case Management regarding PDP strategies
- Frequent collaboration with Regional Sales Director to respond to their day-to-day sales and strategy direction related to product promotion activities.
- Analyze local market, develop, execute and monitor performance and results to maximize the appropriate use of the product in defined territory.
- Maintain a high and current level of product, disease, competitive and market reimbursement knowledge.
- Determine, implement and monitor optimal resource (i.e. Budgets, time, etc.) allocation within assigned territory.
- Effectively and persuasively communicate using advance selling and negotiation skills, relevant information to identified target audiences.
- Identify, build and leverage advocacy channels.
- Manage travel and promotional budget.
- Fulfill all monitoring and reporting requirements including expenses and call reporting using approved systems and processes.
- Maintain full compliance to all laws, regulations and Vanda Policies.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA degree required, MA or MBA preferred
- 5+ years successful biotech/pharmaceutical sales experience required
- Account management, institutional sales or sales management experience preferred
- Specific sales experience with Sleep Specialists and Psychiatrists preferred
- Specialty pharmacy and reimbursement experience preferred
- Proactive, adaptable and excels in innovative and dynamic work environments
- Demonstration of high-impact communication, high emotional IQ and influence skills
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships
- Proven ability to effectively work independently and on highly interdependent teams
- Proven track record for delivering customer value and sales results
- Strong clinical and scientific knowledge and acumen
- Superior organization skills, prioritization skills and demonstration of sound judgment
- Dedicated excellence in-patient care
- Overnight travel will be required
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network