Technical Author and Documentation Coordinator
The docs team here at Linguamatics(An Iqvia company) is working alongside our flagship product, I2E, which provides agile, high performance enterprise text mining, and enables rapid discovery of new intelligence from text. We seek highly motivated & experienced technical author who truly wants to make a difference in the life sciences industry. At Linguamatics, we look for the very best people and then give them meaningful work to do. We don’t simply think about careers, we think about contributions. This opportunity is open to home-based working, though please note that successful candidates must reside in the UK.
Linguamatics, Real World Solutions
Working predominantly on our core product, I2E, you will:
• Collaborate with the development and testing teams to document new features.
• Gather data from our domain specialists about tasks that can be accomplished with it.
• Apply your strong technical and authorial skills to synthesize the material you have collected into a concise, coherent, and consumable whole.
You will also work with other product and project teams in a variety of roles. For example, you may design a documentation structure for others to fill in; you might review, edit and advise on documentation written largely by developers; or you might contribute to style guides, standards and conventions for material that will go onto platforms such as our customer portal, knowledge base, or developer forum.
The successful candidate will:
• Take ownership of his/her work.
• Apply intelligence and judgement at all times.
• Be able to justify your position and be prepared to discuss alternatives.
• Pay attention to detail and the big picture.
• Look for ways to improve yourself, your work, the team, and the company.
We are not looking for any specific tool-set experience but expect you to be able to be adaptable and to learn enough of a new tool to get the job done. We think that a great writer writes well, with their audience in mind at all times.
Ideally you will have:
• Demonstrable experience in technical writing in a software development environment.
• Great all-round communication skills, whatever the audience.
• Ability to explain complex concepts clearly and accurately.
• Good degree or postgraduate qualification from a top university in any technical discipline (science, engineering, etc.)
• Desire to connect the reader’s view of the world to ours.
• A questioning mind and analytical skills.
• Organisation, flexibility and adaptability.
• Pragmatism and initiative.
• A desire to self-learn and to share.
You may also have knowledge of, and experience in, some of these areas:
• Documentation of APIs
• Scripting in languages such as Python, Perl, or Bash
• Version control such as Mercurial or Git
• Natural Language Processing (NLP)
• Life Sciences
• Cross-functional teams
• Agile teams
Linguamatics delivers market-leading Natural Language Processing-based AI platform for high-value knowledge discovery and decision support from text. We empower our customers to speed up drug development and improve patient outcomes by breaking down data silos, boosting innovation, enhancing quality, and reducing risk and complexity.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In the RWS group, you'll have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
IQVIA is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network