This opportunity is flexible to remote working within the UK, though you will be welcome to join us in the Cambridge office once it's feasible to do so.
The DevOps team here at Linguamatics (an IQVIA company) are developing and running the I2E OnDemand hosted service. This cloud service is built around our world-class NLP platform, I2E. These services are bringing the power of text mining to the life sciences and healthcare sectors, helping doctors, nurses, and researchers to understand the underlying meaning within the vast quantities of text that they have at their disposal.
At Linguamatics we look for the very best people and then give them meaningful work to do. We don’t simply think about jobs and tasks – we think about career growth and contributions. By joining us you will become part of a fast-paced, highly skilled DevOps team that takes their craft seriously.
You will be working on the developer side of the DevOps team, specialising in developing the software for the hosted service - backend Python development. As part of the DevOps team you will share some of the operations work with the Ops specialists.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of server-side technologies to scale and deploy Linguamatics’ core NLP algorithms into new use-cases, using Python, Django, Django REST framework, and other tools.
- Working across multiple teams to create new internal or customer-facing solutions supporting the life science and healthcare sectors.
- Occasional integration of Linguamatics products with third party technologies.
- Deployment & maintenance of Linguamatics’ text mining servers for internal and remote use in the Cloud.
- Responsibility for smooth running of Development, Staging and Production platforms.
- Design and implementation of system architectures that will scale as processing and storage requirements grow.
- Implementation of configuration management solutions for all servers and assistance with day-to-day running of services.
Our ideal candidate will have most of the following skills and experience:
- Backend development in Python 3.
- Some familiarity with designing and using RESTful APIs.
- Full-cycle software engineering skills, e.g. OO design, design patterns, automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery – plus a desire to improve these skills!
- Some understanding of DevOps.
- Knowledge of Linux platforms.
- Knowledge of configuration management/orchestration tools such as Ansible and Kubernetes.
- Experience of Cloud deployment (e.g. AWS) and/or Big Data.
To get the most out of working at Linguamatics, our ideal candidate will have:
- A desire to keep learning and stay current with new technologies.
- The ability to reason about code and a passion for writing high-quality, well-tested code.
- Pro-active, problem-solving attitude
- Strong communication skills with an ability to interact with internal customers at all levels.
- Degree or equivalent experience in computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related discipline.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
IQVIA is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success.
We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network