Business Development Manager, Real World Solutions Sales
Promotes, recommends and sells solutions, products and services to other individuals and organizations. This includes developing, managing, and implementing sales strategies, identifying potential customers, and cultivating existing customer relationships to close deals. Sells specific products that may require technical or scientific expertise in a particular area or profession. May be assigned to multiple accounts; however, not the sole relationship manager for these accounts. Works closely with account managers to coordinate the service approach for the client.
Identifies and pursues sales leads; makes sales calls and visits in a geography, industry or product area; concludes orders and arranges internal sales logistics; resolves customer complaints; monitors changing customer needs and competitor activity; and prepares sales targets, budgets and reports.
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified customer account(s).
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within Account and develop in-depth knowledge of the customer organization.
- Maintain general knowledge of all IQVIA services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
- Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards.
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each target account. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans.
- Coordinate with contracts and proposals to develop proposal.
- Work with operations and functional managers to identify sales team and prepares and leads the sales presentation. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
- Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
- Adapt successful strategies and tactics to meet market demands and financial targets.
- Maintain high visibility within customer organization. Monitor customer satisfaction by communicating regularly with customer
- Plan and coordinate all customer sales activities.
- Record all customer sales related activities in CRM system.
- Prepare sales activity report for Sales Management as required.
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and technical and operational groups at IQVIA, Inc.
- Bachelor's Degree Req
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience. Req
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing , coaching and process execution.
- Must have experience working with Real World Evidence or Data
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network