Data Scientist (MAAS - Remote)
US Market Access Analytics within IQVIA is an exciting and dynamic practice where you can start or continue your career in healthcare analytics. IQVIA possesses the largest and most comprehensive set of healthcare data assets in the world, with our group focusing on commercial issues in the U.S. pharmaceutical industry. As a new hire you will be provided on-the-job training that will allow you to develop the skills and business acumen necessary to be successful.
Build data engineering and analytical tools and products at the cutting-edge of life sciences. The primary focus of the role is to develop business intelligence analytics solutions based on high complexity healthcare data in order to provide answers to the healthcare industry’s most demanding challenges.
• Be able to understand and internalize proprietary healthcare analytics methodology and approaches, as well as the business rationale behind these approaches
• Be able to adapt standardized methodology towards new applications, and based on a set of business requirements, translate the requested analytics into scalable SQL and Spark code modules.
• Be able to learn, interpret, maintain, existing body of code for analytics solutions, create documentation for their purpose and functions, and modify them as needed based on evolving change requests
• Bachelor’s Degree in any analytical science, or related industry experience in big data analytics
• Experience in SQL or other relevant relational-database programming language
• Experience developing scalable solutions and pipelines to handle large and complex data
• Experience with patient-level, longitudinal data is highly beneficial
• Experience using Tableau or other database-centric business intelligence tools is highly beneficial
• Strong programming skills and experience in Spark is highly beneficial
• Solid understanding of best coding practices, ability to write clean and efficient code and a good understanding of the data science package landscape
• Familiarity with agile software development practices such as Scrum
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including ability to present technical concepts to non-technical audiences, write analysis plans for projects, contribute to proposals / sales efforts, pitch ideas effectively and persuasively to clients / internal stakeholders, etc.
• A proactive, innovative and pragmatic approach to problem solving and an ability to think critically and independently, able to work as part of a cross-functional team
• Knowledge of healthcare patient-level data is beneficial
• Knowledge of healthcare / life science issues involving Real-World Evidence.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network