Application Development Specialist
As an application development specialist with IQVIA, you’ll be responsible for creating Ad-hoc reports, designing tableau visualization for the clients, and contributing to the delivery of multiple concurrent projects and:
- Working with the internal and external clients to develop dashboards, visualizations and define metrics that provide actionable insight into the business.
- Creating SQL Queries to provide ad hoc reports, analysis, and datasets and assist in creating data extracts while performing deep data investigations and analysis.
- Participate and contribute in design sessions, internally and externally to develop demos and prototype sessions, testing and training workshops with business users and other IT associates.
- Write designs for new systems; coding, testing, debugging, and documenting pharmaceutical managed market analytics.
- Responsible for both administration and development of Tableau environments, providing ongoing support for users with the goal of expanding and optimizing the effective use of Tableau across different functional areas of our organization.
- Performing quantitative or qualitative analysis to assist in the identification of client issues and the development of client deliverables.
- Provide subject matter expertise with visualization development practice combining both technical knowledge and pharmaceutical managed markets knowledge while analyzing requirements and designs solutions for the projects and change requests.
- Develop innovative analytics, driving performance improvement and root cause analysis of unexpected results.
- Be able to design reports connecting to disparate data sources includes relational databases like SQL server, Big data databases
- Write high level and detailed design documents for use by all levels of project stakeholders and development staff.
Candidates interested in joining IQVIA as an application development specialist should have:
- Strong background in data visualization/analytics and statistics.
- Experience using data management and visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, R, SAS, and/or Power BI to develop ETL processes, data models and interactive data visualization dashboards.
- Hands on experience with the latest version of Tableau desktop software (2019.3 v and above) is a plus.
- At least one year of BI development experience using SQL Server technologies (such as SSRS, SSIS).
- Knowledge of Tableau Prep Builder and Content Migration Tool.
- Familiarity with Big Data tools and technologies (Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive Etc.)-Preferred.
- Familiarity with big data warehouse development and management.
- Experience applying statistical analysis to large datasets with BI software desirable (Python Preferred).
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in standard data set.
- Ability to use scrum with Agile Methodology-Preferred.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, tools and techniques will be highly valued.
- Must be proficient with developing custom reports in Tableau, configuring analytics platforms with a solid understanding of the standard software development.
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the data visualization space.
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative, and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, meeting and workshop facilitation, business and report writing.
- Strong capability in juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high-quality outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals.
In addition to the skills and experience above, candidates interested in joining IQVIA as an Application development specialist, should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline, or 2+ years of directly relevant experience.
- Prior experience or avid interest in the healthcare and life science industry.
- Good understanding of continuous integration, deployment and delivery automation processes is a plus.
- Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis to help predict product performance or to assist future decisions.
- Ability to develop actionable, intuitive, and meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PP, Access, Visio)
- Some project management experience is desired but not mandatory.
- Passionate about data maintenance, data quality control and all other important data analysis techniques.
- Adaptability and an ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge to the current solutions.
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral); additional languages an advantage.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network