Clinical Research Associate
When you join IQVIA as a sponsor-dedicated CRA, you’ll enjoy the stability and resources of a leading, global contract research organization while gaining direct experience with one of our customers. Whether you're just starting out or looking to deepen your expertise, this role promises to offer intentional career growth and professional development.
With access to world-class training and mentoring, you’ll have the opportunity to put your passions to work in an environment designed to help you gain experience in a wide variety of therapeutic areas.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: Yes
What makes sponsor-dedicated CRAs at IQVIA successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
As you grow your CRA career at IQVIA, you’ll play an important role in helping our customers drive healthcare forward and impact the lives of patients around the world.
IQVIA offers a robust development plan for CRAs, including trainings, mentorship programs, and cross-functional career meetings. These conditions made me feel ready, confident and well-trained to execute the role of a CRA with quality and integrity.Alberto, Clinical Research Associate 2
IQVIA places real emphasis on the training and development of employees. This is invaluable for someone starting out or looking to progress their career in clinical research. I find it extremely rewarding to work for a company that strives to grow and retain its talent and equips you with the skills and experience needed to succeed in your career.Oliver, Clinical Research Associate 1
Resources that promote your career growth
Leaders that support flexible work schedules
Clear pathways to success
Teams that work together to achieve common goals
Dynamic work environments that expose you to new experiences
Programs to help you build knowledge and gain skills
Clinical Research Associate
Perform site selection (if applicable), initiation, monitoring and close-out visits in accordance with contracted scope of work and good clinical practice. If applicable, Clinical Research Associates may be accountable for development of project subject recruitment plan on a per site basis. Support work with sites to adapt, drive and track subject recruitment plan in line with project needs to enhance predictability.
- Perform site selection (if applicable), initiation, monitoring and close-out visits in accordance with contracted scope of work and good clinical practice.
- If applicable, may be accountable for supporting development of project subject recruitment plan on a per site basis. Work with sites to adapt, drive and track subject recruitment plan in line with project needs to enhance predictability.
- Provide monitoring visits and site management for a variety of protocols, sites and therapeutic areas.
- Administer protocol and related study training to assigned sites and establish regular lines of communication with sites to manage ongoing project expectations and issues.
- Evaluate the quality and integrity of study site practices related to the proper conduct of the protocol and adherence to applicable regulations. Escalate quality issues as appropriate. Manage the progress of assigned studies by tracking regulatory submissions and approvals, recruitment and enrollment, case report form (CRF) completion and submission, and data query generation and resolution. May support start-up phase.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation regarding site management, monitoring visit findings and action plans by submitting regular visit reports, generating follow-up letters and other required study documentation.
- Build awareness of features and opportunities of study to site.
- Collaborate and liaise with study team members for project execution support as appropriate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Good therapeutic and protocol knowledge as provided in company training
- Computer skills including proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and use of a lap top computer
- Good written and verbal communication skills including good command of English language
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a health care or other scientific discipline or educational equivalent and successful completion of a CRA Trainee Program
- At least 3+ months of on-site monitoring experience in a CRO or pharmaceutical environment
- Fluent in English
- Availability to travel
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network