Director, Safety Systems
Job Profile Summary
Responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects of tech Delivery/Service within Safety Systems team and, enabling business process improvements within the Lifecycle Safety Department overall. Works closely with all functional owners, leaders & peers across Lifecycle Safety and IT to deliver solutions aligned with Lifecycle Safety’s vision and strategy.
- Collaborate with business leaders, third party vendors and suppliers to develop and manage the long-term strategic roadmap, ensuring alignment to overall Business objectives
- Contribute to discussions on the implementation of Lifecycle Safety strategy on a global and regional basis and implement objectives, as applicable. Lead strategic initiatives and develop implementation plans
- Effectively negotiate across various business stakeholders to establish objectives, priorities and agree release schedule(s).
- Create supporting business cases, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support Lifecycle Safety tech-enabled Solutions
- Provide technical leadership and management for pharmacovigilance (PV) tech solutions from conception through deployment
- Define metrics to measure success of tech-enabled programs or tech solutions, analyse results and partner across the organization to develop action plans and enhancement recommendations
- Develop Customer relationships (internal and external) and act as a proponent for, the project/program vision at local, regional, or global levels. Communicate and collaborate with external customers, vendors and project team members and stakeholders, ensuring the integration, coordination, timing, and consistency of process throughout.
- Plan for ongoing resource & capacity requirements. Effectively manage Safety Systems team resources and delegate tasks commensurate with skill level, evaluating workload and quality through regular review
- Manage staff in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable legislation. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problemsThe Director may have full financial responsibility and account
- ability for team(s), including growth and performance or may be required to account and provide input to Lifecycle Safety senior management
- Ensure adherence to IQVIA IT standards and procedures, that all work meets computer systems validation requirements and software delivery process adheres to regulated SDLC, where applicable. Ensure that any issues identified in QA or customer audits are properly addressed an remediated
- Ensure all Safety Systems activities conform to IQVIA IT security standards and all data and systems are properly protected. Ensure proactive monitoring exists to detect intrusions, violations, or other unauthorized access
- Develop and test the Lifecycle Safety IT disaster recovery plan in conjunction with the business continuity plan, as applicable
- Stay current with emerging technical innovations & application development technologies and solutions within Pharmacovigilance (PV) and Medical Information (MI) sectors
- Drive PV and MI innovation that will lead to operational efficiencies and/or automation
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typically requires a minimum of 7 - 10 years of prior relevant technical and application experience, direct PV and MI experience is preferred.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead teams, and well as the ability to influences others outside of own job area regarding policies, procedures, and goals.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
Additional Work Experience
- 5+ years in the pharmaceutical, CRO, or related industry, relevant experience to include drug safety/Pharmacovigilance, clinical operations, CRA, Commercial and /or alternative operational functional (e.g. business development, data management, project management, laboratory, pre-clinical).
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Strong Industry experience in SDLC and CSV (Computer Systems Validation) is required.
- Global project experience preferred; Experience directly managing and/or overseeing large scale international projects and programs.
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional leadership and people skills, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, managers and customers
- Strong staff management skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple teams, as applicable
- Innovative and strategic thinking capability. Ability to define, communicate and execute the strategy for respective IT function, aligned with both IT & IQVIA strategy and vision
- Excellent project management, negotiation and influencing skills with strong conflict management ability
- Ability to manage, develop, administer and track capital and operating budgets
- Excellent computer literacy, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability and confidence to make important and timely decisions, judgment to know when to escalate and ask for guidance
- As a leader of respective function, contribute to the wider Lifecycle Safety Leadership team(s) agenda
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities concurrently. Strong Business and Commercial acumen
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Standard ADA Settings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Standard ADA Selection
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job at any time
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network