Senior Front-end Developer
Senior Front-end Developer– Brighton, UK – flexible home-working
OMOP Factory, Real World Solutions (RWS) Technology
About our team
The Brighton OMOP* team is based within IQVIA’s Global Real-World Solutions Technology unit. Everyone in the team has brought their own unique mix of knowledge and expertise to create a team focused on helping health data science work with big data. The team are passionate about solving real world problems and meeting our end-users needs.
What problems are we solving?
Currently healthcare professionals and researchers around the world spend days wading through petabytes of health data across multiple formats to discover trends and solutions that could answer some of the post pressing and complex questions in global healthcare.
Our OMOP team have created a solution that enables health professionals to access and convert health data in to a single, accurate, standardised format faster than ever before. This accuracy and speed then enable health professionals to answer those healthcare questions.
As a Senior Front-end developer, you will play a pivotal role in creating a fast and pixel-perfect interface that delivers an intuitive user experience across our solution's feature set. You will be part of an agile scrum team, working with other Developers and Product Managers; and coordinating with similar teams in the East Coast US.
We rely on Big Data / Hadoop technologies to drive data transformations. We use React, SASS and other modern web development frameworks to provide a fast and rich user experience, along with modern build pipelines and processes such as WebPack, NPM/Yarn and Jenkins.
As part of the wider RWS Technology team, you will also have the opportunity to participate in regular innovation weeks, where you can show case your skills and interact with likeminded individuals in the pursuit of innovative software solutions to real world problems.
What to expect
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop and deliver a new software product for the conversion of varied healthcare data sources into the standard OMOP format
- Focus on the front-end components for the product using Typescript, React, Redux
- Work and follow designs and UI/UX guidelines, leveraging repositories of React components
- Work with team members such as Software Engineers and Product Managers to produce high-quality features and solutions
- Contribute in Agile daily stands-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Work to fortnightly sprints and take part in bi-weekly demos
- Support / act as scrum master, as needed
- Support resolution of production issues
Our ideal candidate will be / have
- Good communication skills
- Happy to collaborate, share and learn within the team
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and ready to contribute new ideas
- Strong CSS skills
- Experienced in converting wireframes into functioning interfaces
- Experienced in developing interfaces for complex use cases
- Experienced with Typescript, React, Redux, SASS, HTML/JS/CSS
- Experienced in prototype and MVP iterative development
- Able to design for cross-browser compatibility
- Able to write automated tests using Puppeteer
- Working knowledge of Jenkins and NPM/Yarn for building and bundling applications
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
Bonus points for
- Knowledge of working with Adobe, Balsamiq and InVision assets
- Experience with Java, Scala or similar
- Experience in NodeJS
- Understanding of relational database design, N-tier architecture and web technologies
- Understanding of client/server technologies and concepts
- Interest in adding back-end skills, for occasional full stack work
- Experience in life sciences / healthcare sector
- University degree in a relevant subject
Location and travel
- Role based in IQVIA’s Brighton office
- No / minimal travel expected to other IQVIA offices (London, East Coast US)
*Want to know more about OMOP? Click here: http://https://ohdsi.github.io/CommonDataModel/
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network