Python Software Engineer
You will be part of the IQVIA AI team building the next generation of smart machines. This provides an opportunity to get in on the ground floor level of something new and exciting for an industry working with the latest and greatest technologies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Excellent Python 3 software engineering skills
• Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
• Experience implementing complex back-end functionalities and integrations with multiple 3rd party systems and services.
• Ability to propose low level designs of new functionalities
• Experience in building APIs
• Experience working with message brokers (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
• Experience with Python testing frameworks (unittest, pytest)
• Understanding of Design Patterns and Data Structures
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL data repositories
• Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and experience working with Gitlab
• Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes and microservices architecture is an advantage
• Experience with Test Driven Development is an advantage
• Experience with DevOps processes and tools is an advantage
• Experience working with AWS services or other cloud services is an advantage
The ideal candidate should have a holistic view of enterprise solutions, taking into account performance, usability, testability, interoperability and security
• Development of microservices using Python Software Engineering best practices
• Produce performant, high quality Python 3 code
• Contribute to solution architectural decisions
• Create low level designs of functionalities in alignment with the solution architecture
• Undertake integration of 3rd party services
• Work closely with data scientists and build APIs for exposing services
• Optimize system performance and enable scalability
• Participate in code reviews
• Implement unit and integration tests
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other qualitative discipline, ideally with specialization and experience in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Cognitive Science, Deep Learning or other related fields.
A minimum of three years of professional post-academic work experience with a Master’s or additional years of experience at BSc level will be considered. Strong mathematical/computing science background with strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: Cognitive Science, Advanced Semantic Design, Information Extraction, Information retrieval, Probabilistic Decision Marking, or similar.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network