Health Information Technology Specialist Northeast
Health IT Specialist Team – Personnel Requirements
The primary focus of this program will be to conduct workflow assessments and educate on approved objectives related to EHR technologies at targeted accounts, that supports the safe and appropriate use of medications. The person in this role will also be responsible for working in a collaborative manner with the broader Matrix team of Marketing, Access, Sales, Medical, & HEOR.
Health Information Technology Specialist
- 4-year Bachelor's degree from an accredited University required
- Minimum of 4 years working for health care technology company (Epic, Cerner, Medi tech, etc.), and/or within a Health System informatics group or team at leadership level, or similar role within a pharmaceutical company
- In depth knowledge of healthcare and health information technology and data mining techniques
- Minimum 3 years relevant therapeutic area experience, preferred
- Current nursing license or Pharmacy Degree in good standing and/or a demonstrated thorough knowledge of the therapeutic area and understanding of Workflows required
- Ability to act with a sense of accountability and urgency
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently work within a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate knowledge of the market and competitive landscape into executable plans
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and efficiently is required.
- May be asked to attend clinically relevant meetings for personal/professional development
- Attends Plan of Action meetings with the customer as requested
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, flexibility
- Ability to consistently travel overnight
- Providesrelevantinformationtothecustomerandfieldmanager/ProjectLeader in theformofbusiness plan
- Stays current in clinicaldevelopmentsrelatedtospecific disease stateand IT
- Developsand maintains advanced presentationskills to facilitatedissemination of clinicalinformation
- Checks voice mail andemail daily as directed
- Documents all calls,customerprofileinformationdaily as directed
- Provides educationalsupport as identified to reinforcethe project’sstrategic goals
- Promptlyrespond to internal/externalcommunications.
- Completes all reportsandwrittenassignments in a timely, accurateandthoroughmanner
- Maintains thehighest levelofprofessional standards in all calls with customersandotherbusinesscontacts.
- Demonstratessoundjudgmentregardingutilizationof time andfinancialresources,such as travel andentertainment.
- Reads,understands,andadherestoimportantdocumentssuch as fraud andabuseguidelines,FDAguidelines,PhRMAcode,IQVIASOPs, and HIPAAguidelinesandmemos regarding policy and procedures.
- Allocates time and prioritizesaccounts in accordanceto list ofaccounts in territory
- Spendsapproximately80% of time in the field
All salariedemployeesareexpected to workthehours necessary tomeetcustomerneeds,corporateobjectivesandadministrativeobjectives.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network