Associate Statistical Programmer (Bloemfontein based)
Provide programming support as part of the Statistical Programming (SP) team to develop and maintain programs to meet internal and external clients’ needs. Support the development of project-related solutions to a variety of statistical programming tasks.
• Program, test, and document statistical programs for use in creating statistical tables and listing summaries.
• Program analysis databases (derived datasets) and transfers of data for internal and external clients.
• Program database quality control checks.
• Assist in development of programming documentation including plans and specifications, as appropriate.
• Assist in developing, implementing and validating new process technologies, macros and applications.
• Assist project lead in fulfilling project responsibilities.
• Bachelor's Degree Computer science or related field Req
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience in lieu of degree Req
• Basic knowledge of statistics and/or clinical drug development process
• Basic knowledge of statistical computing applications such as Base SAS, SAS/STAT and SAS Macro Language
• Organizational and communication skills
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks
• Aptitude for mathematical calculations
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network