Sr AI Engineer
The AI Software Engineer will help IQVIA building the next generation of smart machine in the healthcare domain. You’ll be part of a team of 30 to 40 team members working exclusively on AI projects within the Global Technology Center of IQVIA.
- Apply advanced machine learning, deep learning and NLP/NLU techniques to build cutting edge AI applications
- Write production-ready code in Python, applying coding and OOP best practices
- Develop and deliver software using Python and various AI related libraries, applying the corporate SDLC and support continuous integration and continuous deployment of the micro-services. Use containerization, orchestration, DevOps for faster delivery and easier maintenance
- Research and develop new techniques, looking at state-of-the-art literature, discover and implement adapted solutions for each particular problem
- Define and implement evaluation strategies for each required functionality, demonstrate applicability and performance of the delivered application, and communicate clearly on its limits
- Work in team. Present your plans, ideas and deliverables.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Data wrangling with hands on experience of Pandas, NumPy and SciPy libraries.
- Machine Learning - deep learning, online learning, transfer learning, reinforcement learning, structured/unstructured learning with hands on experience of Tensorflow, PyTorch or SciKit-Learn.
- Natural language processing, understanding and/or generation (topic modelling, word embeddings, Semantic Ontology etc.) Practical experience with NLTK or Gensim or Spacy libraries. Experience with OpenNLP and/or StanfordNLP.
- OCR and document processing, data extraction
- Computer vision and image processing
- Research and innovation skills and ability to solve non trivial problems by applying combinations of AI, algorithmic and programmatic techniques
- Scientific approach, with the ability to propose pragmatical, robust and reliable ways to evaluate deliverables and interpret results
- Prior experience working with micro-services architecture and good command of RabbitMQ or other message brokers is an advantage.
- Prior experience working with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing dynamic team in a highly visible role.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other qualitative discipline with specialization and experience in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Cognitive Science, Deep Learning or other related fields.
A minimum of three years of professional post-academic work experience with a Master’s or additional years of experience at BSc level will be considered. Strong mathematical/computing science background with strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: Cognitive Science, Advanced Semantic Design, Information Extraction, Information retrieval, Probabilistic Decision Marking, or similar.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Someone who is passionate about AI and can show examples of their skills utilizing open-source capabilities that they can show as part of that passion;
- The freedom to use your talent and background to help us make noise in the industry quickly.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network