Scientist, Lab Operations
Location: Beijing, China
At the forefront of genomics, flow cytometry, anatomic pathology, vaccines, bioanalytical and other laboratory services, we deliver cutting-edge solutions with a continuous investment in innovative laboratory testing capabilities.
You will have the opportunity to apply your scientific expertise alongside industry thought leaders, use advanced technologies and learn pioneering techniques in one of our many state-of-the-art global laboratories.
We treat each sample as if a life depends on it. We know there are patients out there hoping for a cure, and together, we can turn that hope into help.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: No
What makes Scientists at Q2 Solutions successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem solver
- Results driven
As you progress through your career, you'll play a vital role in helping our customers develop drugs and devices faster and more efficiently than ever before, improving healthcare for future generations.
Associate Principal Scientist
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
A career at Q2 Solutions will provide...
Work culture that supports improved work-life balance
Awards & Recognition
Programs that celebrate and recognize accomplishments
Cross-functional idea sharing and thinking to accomplish common goals
Scientist, Lab Operations
Responsible for performing a variety of technical procedures and experimental execution in support of sample analysis and validation. Responsible for root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and supporting process improvements.
• Responsible for performing and documenting analytical procedures in accordance with company procedures and regulatory guidelines.
• Assists in troubleshooting and process improvements to increase data quality, lower costs, or reduce turnaround times to include, updating standard procedures, assisting with troubleshooting.
• Acts as a technical resource for laboratory staff and support the team in the absence of the line manager.
• Performs routine data analysis to determine if an analytical procedure is proceeding according to expectations and that the results are within acceptable tolerances.
• Identifies and documents potential performance errors or otherwise unusual results and escalates to senior lab personnel.
• Prepares data analysis results for upload to LIMS system under the guidance of senior level staff.
• Contributes to CAPA investigations, deviations, and resolution.
• Responsible for clear, accurate, and timely communications with cross functional stakeholders.
• Assists in maintaining laboratory equipment and may offer suggestions for new equipment.
• Assists in good housekeeping of the lab environment, consistent with 6S standards.
• Assists in maintaining adequate inventory.
• Responsible for preparation of buffers and solutions for analysis, as required.
• Performs and documents calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment as assigned.
• Performs and documents hands on training for other lab personnel in areas of proven competency as assigned.
• Participates in continuing education through self-study, attending training sessions and lectures and meetings.
• May lead a laboratory or cross functional projects and assist with implementation of changes.
• May be responsible for contributing to the design and development execution of routine methods/assays under moderate supervision.
• Supports safety, quality, and 6S requirements and initiatives.
• Complies with company's procedures and applicable regulatory requirements.
• Associate's Degree Req Or
• Bachelor's Degree in biology or chemistry Req
• 1 year of experience in a regulated laboratory environment.
• Sound knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts in job area.
• Working knowledge of any applicable regulatory standards within area of responsibility.
• Proficiency with relevant laboratory techniques.
• Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling ,
• Strong technical knowledge of complex testing procedures and science supporting the analysis.
• Proficiency with complex laboratory calculations regarding batches and specimens.
• Ability to troubleshoot laboratory equipment and resolve process issues.
• Good computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Effective communication and presentation skills.
• Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://q2labsolutions.com/careers
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.