Associate Sales Engineering Director
As the Sales Engineer, you have a history of honing and exercising technical, quantitative, and commercial capabilities to achieve material business outcomes. You are obsessed with understanding a client’s business and the best mechanism of extending a platform to help them meet their needs.
You tinker. You build. You deploy. You listen and ascertain feedback to help product and core engineering iterate on the product. You thrive in meetings -- whether a technical sync or commercial pitch -- by understanding your audience and modulating your delivery appropriately.
- Primary focus is on pre-sales technical support for IQVIAs Incentive Compensation solution built on the Orchestrated Analytics ecosystem which spans MDM, data warehousing, AI/ML, and data visualisation technology solutions. Secondary support could include solutions such as Promotional Mix Modelling, Targeting Optimiser, and other offerings
- Demonstrating innovative SaaS solutions that showcase how our current and prospective clients can achieve their business goals, through applying technology and analytics to transform disparate data sources into actionable insights
- Provides technical knowledge, advice and support to customers, understanding their business requirements and technology stack, to maximize the benefits derived from IQVIAs products and/or services
- Works with the sales teams during the sales process to maximize the benefits derived from the IQVIAs products and/or services
- Provides technical input for bid proposals, projects and technical documents within sales process, and should identify additional opportunities
- Provides pre-sale technical support in sales presentation and product presentations at customer sites
- Owns Proof of Concepts based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for clients
- Voice of the clients and sales back to Product and Engineering teams to ensure feedback is captured and initiatives are executed
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated work ethic and capability to be self-starter
- Demonstrated experience working with top tier clients in understanding their businesses and crafting technical solutions
- Technical experience, especially with enterprise platforms catered towards Field Sales Teams, Sales Leadership and Sales Operations audience.
- A good understanding of sales force effectiveness domain and proven experience with analytical decision-making platforms would be of additional benefit
- Outstanding communication skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a manner that is easy for clients and non-technical partners to understand
- Excellent quantitative skills and comfort with data exploration tools
- Demonstrated experience in owning projects end to end that involves coordinating many resources and teams
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities with a tenacious commitment to finding the root cause of issues
- Ability to work under intense pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to energize and lead a team of partner engineers
Our ideal candidate will have:
Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network