Associate Business Development Director
Job Function and Purpose
The function of this position is that of a business development and sales representative and its purpose is the generation of revenue from the sale of immunoassay laboratory services at Rules-Based Medicine, a Q2 Solutions company.
- Generation and qualification of sales leads
- Generation of sales of laboratory services from those leads
- Generation of lasting relationships with the customer base via regular field travel and customer meetings
- The use of a CRM (Salesforce.com) to prepare budgets and track the progress of the sales process
- Working closely with the technical staff, project management and customer service at Rules-Based Medicine to deliver the necessary information to the customer base
- Working closely with Rules-Based Medicine Sales and Marketing management to give accurate sales projections, client feedback, lead generation input, and new product services ideas.
- Preparation of reports for management to keep the groups informed concerning sales progress in relation to the annual plan
- Working with senior management to keep the plan focused, to promote a revenue stream based primarily on sample testing, TruCulture and assay development services.
- Attendance of assigned tradeshows including working the booth as well as social events
Nature and Scope
The Regional Sales Director reports to the VP of Sales and Marketing and is responsible for all laboratory testing services sold in their region or account space.
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or better in biological sciences. Previous Sales experience is required. Must be highly organized, energetic and team oriented. Frequent multi-day travel to customer accounts and conferences while carrying out principal responsibilities is essential.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Salesforce.com experience is a definite plus.
The Regional Sales Director is accountable for organizing, prioritizing and fulfilling all duties required of a successful business development/sales representative.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network