Senior Scientist - Flow Cytometry
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
At the forefront of genomics, flow cytometry, anatomic pathology, vaccines, bioanalytical and other laboratory services, we deliver cutting-edge solutions with a continuous investment in innovative laboratory testing capabilities.
You will have the opportunity to apply your scientific expertise alongside industry thought leaders, use advanced technologies and learn pioneering techniques in one of our many state-of-the-art global laboratories.
We treat each sample as if a life depends on it. We know there are patients out there hoping for a cure, and together, we can turn that hope into help.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: No
What makes Scientists at Q2 Solutions successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem solver
- Results driven
As you progress through your career, you'll play a vital role in helping our customers develop drugs and devices faster and more efficiently than ever before, improving healthcare for future generations.
Associate Principal Scientist
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
A career at Q2 Solutions will provide...
Work culture that supports improved work-life balance
Awards & Recognition
Programs that celebrate and recognize accomplishments
Cross-functional idea sharing and thinking to accomplish common goals
Senior Scientist - Flow Cytometry
Working under minimal supervision of the Management of the Translational Science Lab (TSL), the Sr Scientist is responsible for overseeing and performing validations of flow cytometry methods, operation of flow cytometers (BD/Cytek Aurora) and complies with Q2 Solutions procedures and Good Clinical Practices (GCP) requirements, as applicable.
- Maintain scientific awareness of overall developments in the field of oncology drug development based on current literature and application of new technologies and experimental techniques
- Contribute to scientific literature and conferences, internal reports, documents and communications including the writing and/or creation of abstracts, peer-reviewed journal articles, poster presentations, and marketing materials
- Communicate effectively with sponsors on the ongoing validation experiments and provide routine updates.
- Support the maintenance and operational standards of laboratory equipment. Significantly involved in the evaluation and validation of new laboratory instruments
- Development of new and existing experimental techniques including the design and execution of validation protocols and reports, as necessary
- Execute scientific experiments and methods with minimal supervision including devising short and long-term experimental goals and trouble-shooting strategies
- Provide and disseminate meaningful data analysis and interpretation, including statistical analysis, of experimental findings in acceptable laboratory formats.
- Provide project updates/reports of pre-clinical discovery deliverables to project manager, as requested
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of pre-clinical discovery deliverables to clients
- Maintain laboratory notebooks under GLP compliancy and follow all appropriate laboratory and company SOPs. May review laboratory notebooks.
- Provide training and guidance to lower level and new staff as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or a related field
- 4-5 years’ experience including experience in flow cytometry method development
- equivalent combination of education, training and experience in bioanalytical laboratory environment
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sound knowledge of human cellular or molecular biology concepts and experimental techniques as it pertains to cancer and other human diseases.
- Highly experienced in all routine laboratory procedures
- Proficient in flow cytometry techniques and instrumentation
- Competent in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet design and validations.
- Ability to effectively manage and execute multiple tasks or projects simultaneously
- Ability to complete documentation per Method Development requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Ability to analyze method development data and make sound conclusions on subsequent steps.
- Ability to follow written and oral scientific directions.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Ability to follow and create to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically solving method development challenges.
- Ability to multitask and maintain an organized work area.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.