Senior Consultant, Commercial Effectiveness, Greece
Job Title: Senior Consultant, Commercial Effectiveness
Location: Athens, Greece
IQVIA is looking for a Senior Consultant to join the Commercial Effectiveness team
Experienced consulting professional that demonstrates a strong track record within health and life sciences consulting, and are looking to take their career to the next level; developing new solutions and services, supporting business development activity and delivering engagements to build lasting relationships across the industry.
About the Team
IQVIA a dynamic company with a diverse portfolio, which is dedicated to helping its clients improve their clinical, scientific and commercial results. With approximately 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, IQVIA is in a truly unique position to be able to support companies seeking to improve real-world patient outcomes and enhanced clinical trial outsourcing through treatment innovations, care provision and access.
Commercial Effectiveness is a key department in the Technology and Services team. It designs and delivers commercial effectiveness solutions, supported by our world-class proprietary data assets, to fuel the advancement of our pharmaceutical and healthcare clients.
As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for business development, project management, line management and offering development within the team’s three main capability areas:
Commercial Effectiveness Consulting Profiling, Segmentation & Targeting Longitudinal Patient and Prescription dynamics tracking
We expect you to be self-sufficient, but supported within a group of Engagement Managers and Principals who provide industry-leading perspectives and innovative approaches.
We will also expect you to develop new business in a 4-5 designated accounts; designing approaches and writing proposals to pitch and win new business.
You will be central to driving excellent analytical and change projects with our clients. You will be responsible for owning and delivering work independently, taking accountability to ensure deliverables are of the utmost quality, and that deadlines and budgets are met.
Alongside project management, you will be expected to line manage a small team and develop junior colleagues’ competencies.
- Lead project delivery and Business Development activities in the Commercial Effectiveness space as the aligned Senior Consultant for a small group of accounts of pharmaceutical companies, working closely with Key Account Managers, and colleagues with delivery expertise in other functional areas
- Own responsibility for project management and delivery to balance profitability while maintaining high levels of client satisfaction and building strong partnerships with lead individuals within key accounts
- Collaborate with colleagues in other functions of IQVIA to define and deliver solutions to address cross-functional client needs
- Liaise with Commercial Effectiveness colleagues in other IQVIA country organisations to support the winning and delivery of multi-country projects
- Take line management responsibility for 1-4 individuals within the team, with responsibilities including: robust assessment of individuals’ performance and skills, working with individuals to identify short-, medium- and long-term career goals to work towards
- Assist personal development of team members to drive staff retention and career development within and outside the CE team
- Comply with all relevant IQVIA policies, processes and procedures, and maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information held, processed or communicated by IQVIA, in line with those policies, processes and procedures.
- Raise the general profile of IQVIA in the Commercial Effectiveness space by attending industry conferences and events, submitting articles to industry publications, and attending in-person and virtual client events
Skills, Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum 2:1 honours degree
- Significant in-depth previous commercial consulting experience in healthcare
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and a strong attention to detail
- Able to support the execution of multiple complex projects at once within a team environment, to tight deadlines
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills for influencing and advising
- You will need to have work authorization for Greece
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) to a strong business standard
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Some evidence of knowledge of current events and developments within the healthcare industry
- Proven commercial awareness / acumen
- Ability to build credibility and influence external and internal stakeholders
- MS PowerPoint and Excel literacy
- Ability to demonstrate determination and resilience
- Passionate about leading people and have the ability to coach and mentor less experienced team members
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network