Pharmaceutical Sales Representative - Albany, NY - ZYA38282
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
IBSA Pharma has partnered with IQVIA to provide commercial services including hiring and managing a field sales team. We are currently hiring Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives. The Pharmaceutical Sales Representative is primarily responsible for achieving sales forecast and gaining access of promoted products and, subsequently, sales of products within assigned territory. This is accomplished by establishing mutually beneficial, long-term business relationships with influential residents, fellows, attending physicians, pharmacists, and healthcare providers key to the sales success of promoted products. The Pharmaceutical Sales Representative is also responsible for coordinating sales strategies with appropriate teammates to maximize sales in assigned territory.
These sales strategies will be implemented through both in-person and remote selling and may vary based on local market need, opportunity, and territory size. The position reports into the Regional Sales Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree (4 years B.A., B.S. or equivalent) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two years of B2B sales experience and/or direct selling experience to healthcare professionals in pharmaceutical, biotech, device or healthcare preferred. Experience selling to or working in a healthcare environment (office, medical center, telemarketing pharmaceutical sales) a strong plus and preferred
- Proven track record of exceeding sales objectives (top 10%, President’s Club Winner)
- Strong negotiation skills and persuasive communication style, strategic thinking & planning skills, and superior organization
- Possesses fortitude to sell and compete
- Excellent oral (presentation and communication), written, interpersonal skills
- Residence within the geography is required
- Daily and/or overnight travel required.
- Mandarin/Cantonese speaking preferred
- Participation in training and development programs while abiding by all industry and corporate policies and procedures.
- PC skills also required; MUST be proficient in MS Office, including Word and Excel, Microsoft TEAMS, ZOOM
- Prior experience using CRM software is desired.
- Ability to pass applicable drug test, background check and must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Duties may require compliance with client or third-party requirements that all those performing services on the client site or at other third-party facilities are fully vaccinated. All U.S. employees and contractors are required to complete a short form in Workday providing their COVID-19 vaccination status and proof of vaccination, if applicable. Note - IQVIA complies with all applicable laws regarding reasonable accommodations for religious, medical or other legally protected reasons.
- Self-starter and team player
- Driven with “hunter” mentality
- Demonstrated business acumen and analytical skills
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical/scientific knowledge
- Flexibility to learn new products over time
- Knowledge of and experience with the selling process
- Initiative & execution-oriented
- Thrives in an environment of change
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network