Project Manager - Senior Consultant in Public Health Africa
IQVIA is a global leader in Healthcare Consulting, Research, Technology and Data Analytics for over 60 years. Our Public Health practice is delivering projects in more than 40 countries across Africa, and we have been working with Governments, Regulators, Institutional donors, large international agencies, and NGOs.
Roles and Responsibilities
A manager is expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Project Delivery: Understand client requirements, project scope and deliverables; Lead project delivery and client meetings under overall guidance of EM/ cluster lead; follow Assess-Design-Develop-Deliver-Monitor process in various work modules of the project; project team management and coordination with internal and external stakeholders etc. Also, would manage vendor, Design & Delivery and Data Processing, maintain field schedules, monitoring and communicating deadlines to team; checking programmed questionnaires; monitoring and maintaining progress of fieldwork; specifying deliverable requirements; final review of member deliverables. Contribute to team process improvements
- Operational excellence: Ensuring project profitability, timely delivery of projects, invoicing and collection, quality & risk management, positive feedbacks from the client, etc.
- Business Development: Identification and development of work opportunities, client requirement analysis, development of EoI/proposals, client presentations, etc.
- Practice Development: Support and lead learning and development initiatives for the team/project/organization.
As lead, the primary role would be to manage & lead project work streams/modules and client interactions with support from Consultants in team. Additionally, you would be coaching team on technical and management areas.
- IQVIAPublic Health Africa Middle East is looking for candidates with a Master degree degree in Public Health / Pharmacy/ Medicine/ Social Sciences / Health Economics/ Public Policy / International development.
- Candidates must be perfectly bilingual in French and English. Fluency in Portuguese/ Spanish will be a considerable advantage.
Minimum requirements include:
- 8-10 years of relevant experience working for a governmental, intergovernmental and/or non-governmental organization in health sector
- Excellent project management skills (+4 years of experience) with effective communication and team-management skills
- Excellent understanding of health sector, public health structure, multi-laterals and health programs in Africa. Experience in one or more areas such as Maternal and Child Health, HIV, TB, Malaria, Non-Communicable Diseases, Healthcare Research, etc.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Prior experience of proposal development and managing projects for government clients and donor agencies
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent report writing and presentations’ development skills
- Knowledge of consulting methods, tools and techniques, related to one’s functional area.
- Willingness to travel and adaptability to change
We are flexible on location it can be: Morroco, Algeria, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Ghana
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network