RWE Senior Epidemiologist
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Join IQVIA as a Senior Epidemiologist and help us deliver high‑quality Epidemiological scientific research to our clients in the global pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
This role will be based in our Reading office.
Our goal is to contribute to the body of scientific evidence that allows medical practitioners to treat patients in the most effective way, and health systems to include as many patients as possible. We use data, collected for clinical and other purposes to answer research questions such as "which treatment works best in the real world, beyond the clinical trial setting?" Our fast paced and supportive environment attracts individuals who care deeply about the quality, timeliness and subsequent impact of their work; who thrive when exposed to the scale and variety of scientific challenges we face.
- Lead the design, execution and reporting of real-world database (RWD) studies
- Lead the writing of study protocols, statistical analysis plans and study reports
- Provide methodological insights and senior review in support of various study documents
- Provide scientific and methodological expertise to teams and clients on various aspects of study design to address research questions
- Manage teams, both at the project level and as a line manager
- Develop abstracts, manuscripts and/or presentations to conferences for projects
- Contribute to business development activities and proposal writing
- Lead operational efficiencies of workflows, including writing of internal guidance documents (e.g., SOPs and quality management documents)
- MPH, MSc or PhD (or an equivalent degree) in epidemiology, public health or a related discipline
- Post-graduate work experience in real-world evidence
- Experience in designing and executing prospective or retrospective epidemiological studies, including database analyses
- Ideally, evidence of previous experience utilising large-scale anonymous patient level retrospective healthcare databases populated with EMR data such as the CPRD or THIN
- Commitment to working collaboratively and effectively with people of other disciplines
- Strong consulting skills
- Ability to meet short deadlines with high quality deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Experience with analysing large real-world databases
- Prior experience working in a consultancy, CRO or healthcare services
- Proven history of successful project management
- Knowledge of real-world data needs of pharmaceutical clients
- Publications in peer reviewed journals, and abstracts (including presentations) in scientific conferences
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Register today and we'll let you know when positions that match your career interests become available.Join our network